1. The Niagara Falls are located on the border of Ontario, Canada and New York, USA.
2. The Niagara Falls are made up of 3 waterfalls, the Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls. (from largest to smallest)
Horseshoe Falls, also known as Canadian Falls.
The American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls are entirely within the United States of America.
3. It is illegal (and not very smart) to go over the Niagara Falls. A number of people have tried it anyway, some survived, some were injured and some were killed.
4. The Niagara Falls are visited by around 30 million people every year.
5. The Niagara Falls are a source of hydropower, producing large amounts of electricity.
Side Note: If you happen to head out on a bright, sunny day at Niagara Falls, head to a good viewpoint and be prepared to be mesmerized by the rainbows!
And oh, I saw more than 10 rainbows in one day! 🙂
So, what can you say about the Niagara Falls? Pretty cool, eh?